zondag 25 december 2011

Volunteering

So this is my first real blogpost. And it's about my work.
I'm a volunteer at the local venue and it's awesome!
I'm working in the promotion section. Which means it's my job to promote the venue.
The venue is know as a bit of an alternative place. But really there's all kinds of music.
Though on a casual saturday night, the music is a bit more alternative and variative from the other clubs.
Also most of the other volunteers are alto's.
They're so much fun to work with and we also get a little reward for the job.
We get free entrance to lots of concerts and shows and we also get coins for drinks.
You can walk in during the day and most days there's something to do.
Decemeber is probably the month with the most 'special' events, like Sinterklaas, Christmas and New Year.
Which means we need some special decorations.
And I helped with decorating, lots of fun.
It already feels like home, while I'm working for about a month now.

So really if you're doubting about volunteering, just do it!
It's so much fun and you meet so many new people!
And if you don't like it, you can always quit n_n

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten